Statement of purpose
OptiMale is a private medical clinic created to help people lead healthy and active lives, particularly by treating hormone deficiencies, sexual health and fertility issues. Our service focuses primarily on helping men, because we have identified that men struggle to find good services that cater for their needs in this area, and there is an opportunity for a new and innovative approach to providing safe and effective care in an efficient manner.
It is also our belief that more needs to be done to raise awareness of men’s health issues, and in particular the issue of testosterone deficiency in men. This is an issue that we are passionate about, and we are driven to get the message out to as many men as possible so that they can recognise the symptoms of low testosterone in themselves and in others, so that they can get treated rather than suffering in silence.
Our aims and objectives
- To provide high quality, safe, professional services to our service users.
- To focus on prevention of disease by promoting health and wellbeing, and offering relevant care and advice to our patients through our website, patient information leaflets and videos.
- To work in partnership with our service users towards a positive experience and understanding, involving them in decision making about their treatment and care.
- To be a learning organisation that continually improves what we are able to offer patients through mentorship, encouraging and supporting learning opportunities and an effective appraisal program.
- To treat service users as individuals and with the same respect we would want for ourselves or a member or our families, listening and supporting people to express their needs and wants and enabling people to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control.
- To ensure that we take close account of feedback about the services that we offer and strive to implement changes to improve them.
- To ensure that all staff have the competency and motivation to deliver the required standards of care ensuring that all members of the team have the right skills and training to carry out their duties safely and effectively.
- To operate with a wide range of policies that ensure the ongoing safety of patients, as well as delivering an effective and responsive service.
- To operate on a financially sound basis.
- To signpost clients to their GP if further medical input is required and encourage the sharing of information with a patient’s consent or in their best interest.
- To ensure confidentiality and data protection for each client.
- To provide patient consultations with qualified medical practitioners, via telephone/video conferencing from a private and confidential room, or via face to face consultation in a suitable clinic location.
- To refer patients on to other health professionals as necessary, based around the outcome of clinical consultations or if they require physical examinations.
- To analyse patient’s clinical conditions, based upon the outcome of consultations and diagnostic tests e.g. hormone testing.
- To arrange for prescribing of medicines via qualified and experienced medical practitioners.
- To arrange for ordering and dispatching medicines for our patients, in accordance with their prescriptions, in a timely and efficient manner.
- To ensure the ongoing health and mental well-being of our patients by conducting follow-up appointments, including liaising as necessary with the patient’s own General Medical Practitioner.
OptiMale will mostly be treating testosterone deficiency syndrome in men. However, our highly trained medical professionals will identify and provide treatment for various men’s health issues that frequently arise in the population.
Our goal is to prevent illnesses and improve quality of life, whatever the age of our patients. Our target population is men with low testosterone. As such the majority of patients will be over 30 years of age when natural levels usually begin to decline. Despite this there will be many patients under this age who will benefit from our services.
Reducing stigma and improving the conversationWe intend to improve the public awareness of men’s health, particularly regarding testosterone deficiency syndrome. We aim to reduce the stigma surrounding this area of medicine and hopefully in doing so reduce the number of men suffering from physical and psychological issues.
Testosterone deficiency syndrome and mental healthWe believe that the male mental health epidemic is closely linked to increasing numbers of men suffering from testosterone deficiency syndrome. By identifying and treating low testosterone we can hopefully improve men’s anxiety and depression symptoms. The ultimate aim is to reduce staggeringly high suicide rates among men through improved awareness, reduced stigmatisation and improved treatment of all men’s health issues.
Clarity and ease of access
We feel that our services should be available to everyone. This means that accessibility and understanding is key. We try to use as little medical jargon as possible to improve patient understanding of their conditions and treatment. All of our services are available and easily accessible across the UK. Finally, our services are high quality and cost effective, to increase the accessible population.